About

Smoothies & MORE is about eating healthy. Learning new and inventive ways to incorporate fruits and vegetables into your diet. With the assistance of the Smoothies & MORE Blog, you will learn how to create recipes that will suit your palate, as well as, enjoying a healthy experience for you and your family ... ♥♥

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

CHUNKY TUNA SALAD ...

I'm all for making tuna fish the traditional way with, tuna, eggs, relish and mayo. As times change, so does our eating habits and taste. So the other day I found these wonderful Sweet Potato tortilla chips. They were great alone, as I began snacking I thought, I need some tuna fish to go with these.

Still with tuna on my mind, today I decided to follow through. As with everything, I try not to be traditional. Or, as traditional as some may be ...  Starting with my first ingredient, these little beauties are wonderful in any salad that calls for cucumbers. 
Pickling Cumbers



Because I wanted this tuna fish to be extra chunky like salsa. I added all the items I knew would stand up on a tortilla chip. Be inventive, it's your meal and you can have all that you like in it. Don't go crazy, or you'll have a big mess ...

INGREDIENTS:

2 Eggs sliced
1/2 Red Onion diced
1 Pickling Cumber sliced & diced
1/2 Avocado diced
1 Roma Tomato diced
1 can of Albacore Tuna drained
2tbs each of Honey Mustard & Ranch salad dressings (optional)





mix all ingredients well ...







Serve with Tortilla or Bagel chips.
 Or, the chips of your choice ... 
ENJOY 




No comments:

Post a Comment