About

Smoothies & MORE is about eating healthy. Learning new and inventive ways to incorporate fruits and vegetables into your diet. With the assistance of the Smoothies & MORE Blog, you will learn how to create recipes that will suit your palate, as well as, enjoying a healthy experience for you and your family ... ♥♥

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Strawberry & Lemondrop Melon Smoothie ...

What a refreshing way to start, put an end to, or just enjoy your day. None other than to have yourself a delicious smoothie. This Strawberry Lemondrop Melon Smoothie was very light and refreshing. The taste was not over powering, nor did it have a lingering after taste. As I continue on my health journey I'm always looking for exciting and new foods to add to my acquired taste.

As mother and I were shopping at Meijer, I came across a melon LEMONDROP MELON by KANDY that I thought was a cantaloupe. It looked like one, but had a yellowish color to it. They were $2 each, so I grabbed a few and went on my way.


Because I'm always looking for ways to enjoy and blend my fruits and vegetables. What other way can I enjoy this gorgeous melon, other than to slice it up and have at it. Being the smoothie maker that I am, why not mix it with one of my most popular summer fruits? The Strawberry. The summers here in Michigan can be a bit scorching, so we need as many ways to keep hydrated.




Here's what I did to create this smoothie ...





1/2 lemondrop melon cut into chunks
7-10 whole strawberries stems left on
8oz coconut water  of your choice
1 1/2c ice crushed or cubed your choice







Blend well and ENJOY ♥

**please visit Kandy Lemondrop Melons page on facebook to enjoy many more recipes**

No comments:

Post a Comment