About

Smoothies & MORE is about eating healthy. Learning new and inventive ways to incorporate fruits and vegetables into your diet. With the assistance of the Smoothies & MORE Blog, you will learn how to create recipes that will suit your palate, as well as, enjoying a healthy experience for you and your family ... ♥♥

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sliced Pan Seared Chicken Breast on a bed of Warm Tomato Avocado & Brown Rice Salad ...

Do you ever get tired of eating the same ole thing over and over again? I felt that way today. My son at times, get into the spell of cooking. He believes he can make a meal that is healthy and hearty in the same. He does a great job, but he also, likes to eat rice with every meal. I'm not a big rice fan. So when he insisted on cooking dinner for the family, I thought, what can I do with the rice to kick it up a notch ....

Here's what came to mind to go with what he had cooking ...

He started the meal off with Pan Seared Chicken Breast and Brown rice ...
Although I love chicken and rice, I have to have something a little more appetizing for my taste.  Since he began the meal I wanted to finish it off . What better way than to have a nice salad added to complete the meal. I had on hand, some avocados and roma tomatoes. How would that taste mixed in with the rice, I wondered? Being the adventurist that I am ... 



 I diced up 1 roma tomato along with 
 1/2 an avocado (left over from the other day). And mixed in 1c of brown rice. Make sure the rice is still warm so that the avocado will melt a little onto the rice and season to taste ... 






I have to say, the taste was better than I had anticipated. I'm sure you can do this with orzo pasta, quinoa and even make a risotto out of this dish alone. Well, that's next on my list ..  




After plating the salad, I topped it off with sliced chicken breast. The colors were so beautifully blended, I couldn't wait to take a fork full ... What an explosion in my mouth! This meal will continue to be in rotation at my house ... 


Please share and ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment